Pages

July 7, 2012

Taking His Talents to South Beach: Ray Allen to Sign with Miami Heat



I still can't believe this story. Well, if I'm a but upset, I can only imagine what die hard Celtics fans are feeling after the news that Ray Allen has decided to sign with the rival Miami Heat for $3.09 million for one season compared to the $6 million a season the Celtics offered him along with a no-trade clause. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, "one source close to Ray Allen said in past few hours, 'Ray's thinking about another ring, golf, sun as a way to end his career." The source went on to say that "the deterioration of Ray Allen's relationship with Rajon Rondo played a significant factor in his leaving for Miami."

Check after the jump to see what Heat owner Micky Arison tweeted about their recent signing.